FAQ for Students
- What are the minimum requirements for using UEMS?
A PC with Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 or later, Firefox 3.6 or later, Chrome 18 or later, or a Macintosh with Safari 5.0 or later, Firefox 3.6 or later, Chrome 18 or later
- How do I start using UEMS?
You must first Sign Up by giving valid information and once you have created an account,
you can login using your username and password. For help with creating an account, please click here.
- Is there a charge for students to go online and use this service aside from the normal
shipping charge? If so, how much?
NO. Registration is free.
- My country does not have a Zip Code/Postal Code associated with my address. What do I do?
The Zip Code/Postal Code field can be left blank for countries that do not have the norm. Countries like United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Mexico,
India, China, and South Korea (to name a few) require postal code.
- Can I request delivery to a PO Box address in my country?
We ask you to avoid providing a P.O Box address as it may cause issues with delivery. If entering a PO Box address, please make sure you enter the
complete physical address where the PO Box is located to avoid delays or mis-deliveries.
- Do you offer Next day deliveries to International locations?
We do offer Next day delivery as a Special service to the following countries - Belgium, France, Germany, Italy, Netherlands, Spain, Switzerland and United Kingdom.
If you want to make use of this service, please call us to find out the price and availability for your city. Please be aware the prices for "Next flight/Next day" services start at $300 and the actual price is determined by various factors.
- Can we request shipments to the Embargoed countries using your service?
Shipping to embargo countries needs a special approval from the U.S government where U.S. economic embargoes are in effect, which currently include: Cuba,
Democratic People's Republic of Korea (North Korea), Iran, Sudan and Syria. Shipper (University department) has to be approved to send shipments to embargoed countries.
If you are stuck at this point, please contact your University and ask them to contact us in order to provide them more information on the approval process.
- US courier service does not operate in my country. How do I receive my I-20? Fedex and DHL do not deliver in my country, what other services are available?
Together FedEx and DHL deliver to over 230 countries and it is very unusual when both the carries don't service a particular country.
However, it is possible that both the carriers don't service your specific address (city/postal code).
The alternate is to have a friend or a relative in a neighboring city receive shipment on your behalf and you can make pick up/forwarding arrangements with them.
Shipments, Payment and Cancellation
- What service is used for shipping a package?
We use either Fedex or DHL. The system will assign the service based on the origin and destination locations.
For help with shipping, please click here.
- How much does it cost to send a package to the University or request a package from the University?
The cost varies depending on the country you reside in. To get an accurate quote, please register as a student and
upon filling out the shipping address, click on Ship/Quote to view and compare the rates from the available carriers.
- What are the accepted methods of payment and currencies?
We accept Visa debit cards and all major credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, Amex and Discover). The accepted currency is US Dollars.
Students can pay using the credit card of a parent, or a friend or relative. Our charge would appear as eShipGlobal Inc in their billing statement.
PayPal and wire transfer are accepted modes of payment as well.
- When I pay using my credit card, who am I making the payment to?
eShipGlobal Inc will be collecting your payment at the time of placing the express mail order.
- Is it safe to give out my credit card information?
Yes. We do not store your credit card information anywhere. We only store the authorization number that is generated, for our accounting purposes.
The credit card payment processing is done securely through PayPal. All transactions take place over Secure Sockets Layer (SSL). So you can rest assured that, the information you provide is safe. For PCI Compliance information, please
- Is credit card payment supported for all countries?
eShipGlobal Inc is currently unable to accept payments by credit card of students from the following countries - Ghana, Nigeria, Cameroon and Kenya. You have three options;
you can pay using PayPal, or you can have a friend or a relative in the US remit payment (counter deposit) into our account in a Bank of America counter anywhere in the US
or you can make a bank wire transfer from your country. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your cooperation.
- How do I track a shipment that I have created?
Once you package has been shipped by your University, you will be provided with a tracking number and you can use that to track your package through delivery.
- Will the shipping charges be refunded if the package gets lost or misplaced?
The shipping charges will be refunded if the package is lost or misplaced due to the carriers' fault.
- Will the shipping charges be refunded if the package delivery is delayed?
Refund claims for late deliveries are strictly not entertained at this time. Timely delivery of shipments are dependent on
various factors including - University processing time, customs clearance, weather and carrier handling.
- How do I cancel a shipment or request refunds?
Please click here for detailed information on cancelling a shipment.
- What do I enter on the shipping form if I do not have a Student ID?
If you do not have a Student ID issued at the time of order creation or not sure what to enter, please enter NOSID on the shipping form.
- I created the shipment to receive documents from a department in my University, but my advisor told me that I chose an incorrect department. Should I cancel?
No, Please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be able to switch the order to the appropriate department for you.
- Should I cancel my shipment because I entered an incorrect student ID?
No. You can contact us at email@example.com and we will make the requested change to your shipment details.
- Is there a way I can enter some comment/reference after a shipment is ordered? I am not able to edit the shipment information?
Yes. You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will make the requested change to your shipment details.
- How long is my way bill valid? Can I create a shipment now and receive documents after a month?
Of course yes. Shipments created in our system are available in your University's account for up to a year.
- Who should I contact if I have problems with creating the shipment?
If you are experiencing difficulties in creating a shipment or any other technical issues, contact eShipGlobal support [email@example.com].
- Who should I contact if there is a delay in the shipment delivery or other delivery issues?
Please contact customer support of the respective carrier in your home country. They will assist you with the delivery estimate of your shipment.
FedEx (U.S.): 800-247-4747
DHL (U.S.): 800-225-5345
- Who should I contact if I have questions regarding the status of a package which is to be sent to me?
It usually takes the University 1-3 business days after you create the shipment to process your documents and send it out. Please wait 4 business days
before contacting your University to get a status update on your shipment order.
Privacy of Student Data
We are committed to handling your information responsibly and with respect. We store Student Data on a secure server. This means that we use encryption technology and firewalls to protect the information from being accessed by anyone else. University administrators and students are assigned passwords that protect access to the system and ensure that only Students and University administrators in your school can access your Student Data. No 3rd party can access it without permission. We do not share or sell student data to anyone for commercial purpose.
PCI Compliance Standard
Our servers are secure and behind firewall. Our employees know and understand their responsibilities with regards to cardholder data. The data is encrypted. We do not store your credit card information anywhere. The credit card payment processing is done securely through PayPal. All transactions take place over Secure Sockets Layer (SSL). So you can rest assured that, the information you provide is safe. For more information on PCI Compliance, please click here.
Go Back to Help Topics